Posts for tag: Dental Visits
Let's be frank. Many people dread visiting the dentist, but that doesn't mean it's good for us. Your Fayetteville, GA, dentists, Dr. Ed Richardson and Dr. Jonathan Robinson, want you to know that missing dental visits can be harmful to your oral and dental health. If you ignore your oral health, you may need more invasive procedures, rather than a simple professional cleaning or dental filling.
Different Dental Procedures:
- Root Canal Therapy: If you sustain an injury, like a crack or a fracture, or your cavities have allowed bacteria to reach the pulp, this means you may have a tooth infection. The dentist will have to remove the tissue, disinfect the area and seal it. If the deterioration is too massive, your doctor will give you a temporary crown that will be swapped out with a permanent crown in another visit to your dentist's Fayetteville office.
- Dental Implants: Losing your teeth can be detrimental to one's confidence. While a tooth can be lost due to a sports injury or an accident, it can also be lost due to infrequent visits to the doctor. If your cavities have turned into issues a root canal treatment can't fix, then you may lose your tooth. During a dental implant procedure, the dentist will insert a titanium post, allow it to fuse to the jawbone for three to six months, then place an abutment and crown on top.
Scaling and Root Planing: Sometimes gum disease doesn't respond to conventional treatment and self-care like flossing so you may require scaling and root planing. Scaling and root planing helps gums reattach to the tooth structure.
How to Care for Your Teeth:
In addition to visiting your doctor every six months, you need to take care of your teeth at home.
- Getting fluoride treatments and using fluoride-containing products
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day
- Flossing at least once before bed
If you have any questions or concerns, visit your Fayetteville, GA, dentists, Dr. Richardson and Dr. Robinson, or call their office at (770) 487-9797.