Discover the amazing advantages of saying “yes” to dental implants.
As many as 120 million Americans are missing one permanent tooth and over 36 million Americans have no natural teeth left, according to the American College of Prosthodontists. The good news is that if this does happen to you, our Fayetteville, GA, dentists Dr. Ed Richardson, Dr. Jonathan Robinson and Dr. Lindsey Alvarez offer a wide range of tooth replacement options that can be tailored to your needs. One popular option is dental implants.
How Dental Implants Work
Before deciding whether implants are right for you, it’s first important to understand how these popular tooth replacements work. Our Fayetteville, GA, dental team wants to provide you with all the information you need about dental implants in order to make a clear, informed decision about your oral health.
A dental implant is a tapered metal post that is placed into the jawbone where the roots of the missing tooth once were. In fact, the implant itself will replace the roots of the tooth. Once the implant is placed into the jawbone, the bone and tissue will fuse together with the titanium implant over the next few months. Once this fusion is complete, your implant is a permanent, immovable fixture within the jawbone. It will also support and hold your false tooth or teeth in place.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Since dental implants work a bit differently from other tooth replacement options, it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that they also offer some cool, unique benefits, too. For one, dental implants are as close as you can come to a real tooth. They function, feel and act just like the real thing. Other benefits of dental implants include,
- A lifelong restoration (with the proper care, implants can easily last decades)
- Preventing teeth from shifting into open gaps in your smile
- Restoring biting, chewing and speech
- Preserving the jawbone and preventing bone loss
- Supporting the muscles of the face to prevent changes in facial structure including sagging
- Enhancing your appearance and boosting your confidence
Do you want to talk with our Fayetteville, GA, dentists about whether dental implants are right for you? The team at Dental Traditions is dedicated to giving you back a smile you can feel confident in. To find out if implants are the ideal treatment option, call us at (770) 487-9797 to schedule an appointment.
Have you been looking for a new dental office? Dental Traditions is an excellent choice if you live in the Fayetteville, GA, area. Dentists Drs. Edwin Richardson, Jonathan Robinson, and Lindsey Richardson Alvarez care for your entire family and offer the latest dental technologies.
Five reasons to choose Dental Traditions
Among the many reasons to select Dental Traditions are these important ones:
- You'll feel at home in the office: It's hard to feel relaxed at the dental office if the staff isn't welcoming or act as if you're a nuisance. The Dental Traditions dentists and staff truly like working with patients and want you to feel comfortable during your visit.
- The dental office is here to stay: There's nothing worse than finding a medical and dental office you like, only for it to close just a few years later. Fortunately, that won't be an issue at Dental Traditions. In fact, Dr. Edwin Richardson and Lindsay Richardson Alvarez are second and third generation dentists and are continuing the legacy of their father and grandfather, Dr. Jim Richardson. Dr. Jonathan Robinson, a proud University of Georgia graduate, is just as committed to providing quality dental care to Fayetteville citizens.
- Dental Traditions offers the latest innovations in dental technology: The practice invests in new technology, and the dentists learn the latest techniques for your benefit. For example, air abrasion removes small areas of decay without a drill, while dental implants allow the dentists to create brand new teeth complete with roots that are securely attached to your jawbone.
- Your dentists can help you improve your appearance with a variety of cosmetic treatments: Do you have a few flaws that you'd like to correct? Bonding, veneers, and crowns can restore damaged teeth and hide a variety of imperfections, including chips, cracks, discolorations, gaps between teeth, and oddly shaped teeth. Teeth whitening offers a fairly inexpensive way to dramatically improve your smile.
- The office provides the dental services and treatments you and your family need: The dentists offer checkups, cleanings, fillings, gum disease treatment, crowns, bridges, dentures, root canal therapy, temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) treatment, clear braces, and other services and therapies.
Are you ready to make an appointment at Dental Traditions? Call your dentists in Fayetteville, GA, Drs. Edwin Richardson, Jonathan Robinson, and Lindsey Richardson Alvarez, at (770) 487-9797 to schedule your appointment.
A root canal may be the very last thing you want to have done, you may have heard the jokes. But the alternative leaves little to be desired, and chances are you may have been misguided about the treatment itself. If you want to find out more the best people to contact are your local dentists, Dr. Edwin Richardson, Dr. Jonathan Robinson, and Dr. Lindsey Alvarez, of Dental Traditions in Fayetteville, GA.
Anatomy of a Root Canal
Inside your tooth is a small chamber that houses the pulp of the tooth, that is, the nerves and blood vessels. These connect to the rest of your body through pathways, or canals, through the root of your tooth.
This chamber is covered by a layer of dentin, which makes up the majority of the tooth, and encasing it all is the outer enamel.
When these top layers are breached and the soft center exposed, is when a root canal must usually be performed.
This can happen in several ways. Most often it is due to injuries that crack or chip your teeth, as well as cavities that have gone untreated for too long.
Why a Root Canal?
Deep damage to your tooth, if it is deep enough to reach the nerves inside, often can't simply be patched up. Bacteria can get inside and create an infection that will cause a great deal of pain, and may expand onto the bone and create serious complications.
A root canal treatment from your Fayetteville dentist removes the infected pulp and shapes your tooth so the created gap can be filled and a new crown attached. The entire process can often be completed in a couple of office visits.
By doing this, a root canal will save you not only from pain, but save your tooth altogether.
Root Canal Treatment in Fayetteville, GA
Needing a root canal is not the end of the world or your tooth. Sometimes they're unavoidable, but often, a preventive treatment can be your best bet. So come make an appointment with your professionals Dr. Edwin Richardson, Dr. Jonathan Robinson, and Dr. Lindsey Alvarez of Dental Traditions in Fayetteville, GA, by dialing (770) 487-9797.
Considering dental veneers? Find out what kinds are available to you in Fayetteville, GA.
Dental veneers have become a popular cosmetic treatment because these thin, tooth-colored shells can completely revamp and reshape your smile’s appearance. If you are dealing with chips, cracks, discolorations or slightly crooked teeth, dental veneers may be the ideal treatment for you. From the office of our Fayetteville, GA, dentists Drs. Ed and Jonathan Robinson, and Dr. Lindsey Richardson Alvarez, here are the types of dental veneers from which to choose and how they could help you,
Porcelain is one of the most common materials from which to create veneers because they are incredibly durable, stain-resistant, long-lasting and can mimic the appearance of real tooth enamel. They blend in flawlessly with your smile, no matter if you are getting just a couple of dental veneers or a full set.
Composite Resin Veneers
Composite resin has become another popular material from which to craft veneers. Composite resin is also used to fill cavities. It is strong, resilient and can be matched to the color of your tooth. Composite resin is also a more cost-effective way to improve the appearance of your smile; however, you’ll want to talk with your Fayetteville, GA, cosmetic dentists about the pros and cons of composite resin and porcelain veneers to find out which one is right for you.
With traditional veneers our dentist will need to shave off a small amount of enamel from the front of your teeth to make room for the veneers. While this tooth preparation is very minor and painless, it is permanent; therefore, if you are looking for a restoration that doesn’t require any tooth preparation then Lumineers may be a better option. These shells are even thinner than traditional veneers, which makes it possible to bond them to the front of your teeth without needing to remove enamel.
Are veneers right for me?
No matter what type you’re interested in, dental veneers could be the ideal solution for improving your smile if you are looking to fix,
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Misshapen or oddly shaped teeth
- An asymmetrical smile
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Extremely short teeth that could benefit from being lengthened
Have questions about getting dental veneers here in Fayetteville, GA? Are you ready to find out if you are a candidate for veneers? If so, call Dental Traditions at (770) 487-9797 to schedule a quick consultation with our cosmetic dental team.
Dental Implants Preserve Your Smile
Our teeth are very important to us, we use them daily for eating as well as for our aesthetics. Although sometimes we might not think about it, our teeth can be very vulnerable, keeping them strong and healthy requires constant and long term care. Though sometimes, despite our diligence, we can be faced with tooth decay, or tooth loss. Its when we have to face this, do we realize how important our teeth are to us. Dental implants are used to replace teeth when we are faced with a tooth loss. At Dental Traditions in Fayetteville, GA, Dr. Edwin Richardson and Dr. Jonathan Robinson provide his patients with dental implants to help them preserve their smiles. Read on to learn more about dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants
Dental implants can be thought of as artificial tooth roots that are bonded directly to the jawbone of the patient in order to provide a strong base for a crown to be screwed into place. A crown as the artificial tooth that is designed and shaped to match perfectly to your natural teeth. Dental implant procedures are one of the most common, predictable, and safest procedures in dentistry.
Why Dental Implants Are Important
While sometimes it may not be apparent, tooth loss can come with a slew of unwanted consequences. Some of these consequences include:
- Chance in speech
- Ineffective mastication
- Loss of self-confidence
- Sagging of the skin around the mouth
- Teeth becoming out of place due to the gap
These are just some of the hidden and sometimes forgotten consequences of tooth loss that can be otherwise avoided with the use of dental implants.
Learn More About Dental Implants From The Experts
It may be daunting to think about surgery or having implants placed in, but with the help of a professional dentist like Dr. Edwin Richardson and Dr. Jonathan Robinson in Fayetteville, GA, you can rest assured that with the help of a dental implant you can have your smile back. With all of the consequences that come with tooth loss, it is often better to get the dental implant procedure earlier rather than later to avoid other complications that tooth loss can cause. Call our office in Fayetteville at (770) 487-9797 to learn more about dental implant options and how they can benefit you.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.