A chipped tooth can quickly turn a good day into a not-so-good one. It can seem scary at first, the way a chipped tooth can so instantly, and dramatically, transform your smile. The good news is that thanks to the advancements in modern dentistry your dentist, can restore your smile. There are several options for repairing your tooth including veneers in Fayetteville, GA. The severity of the injury can impact what your doctors prescribe, so contact Dr. Edwin Richardson, Dr. Jonathan Robinson, and Dr. Lindsey Alvarez of Dental Traditions if you have a chipped tooth.
Composite bonding refers to tooth-colored material that is applied as a liquid in very thin layers but is hardened using UV light. It is used to hide minor imperfections in your teeth. This means your dentist has a lot of versatility in shaping your tooth back to its natural appearance.
Composite bonding is great for minor chips, but if a lot of tooth structure has been lost your dentist may suggest a dental crown. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped protective cap that is bonded on top of your injured tooth.
Veneers in Fayetteville, GA
Veneers are thin shells attached to the front surface of a tooth. They can be used to fix cracks and chips and repair other imperfections. Like crowns, veneers in Fayetteville, GA, are bonded onto your teeth, but they are thinner so they don't provide the same level of strength.
The choice primarily depends on how much damage your tooth has endured, so the first step toward repairing a chipped tooth is coming in for a consultation with Dr. Richardson, Dr. Robinson, and Dr. Alvarez. Reach the office of Dental Traditions by dialing (770) 487-9797.
When you’re dealing with an infection inside your tooth, it’s important to get treatment before the infection becomes even more serious. Dr. Edwin Richardson, Dr. Jonathan Robinson, and Dr. Lindsey Richardson Alvarez at Dental Traditions in Fayetteville, GA, can determine if root canal therapy is the right method to restore your smile.
When is Root Canal Therapy Needed?
When an infected tooth is left untreated, it can lead to decay which can spread throughout your mouth and even into the rest of your body. Root canal therapy from your dentist in Fayetteville, CA, is the best way to restore your smile and strengthen your damaged tooth. Many people think of root canals as something to be afraid of and that it’s something that will cause you pain, when in fact root canals relieve the pain you’re experiencing from your infected tooth.
Your dentist will first numb the area around your infected tooth so that you can be comfortable during the root canal process. They will then create an incision in the top of the tooth, exposing the infected pulp inside the tooth. Once the pulp is exposed, your dentist will remove any of the infected pulp inside your tooth, relieving your tooth of the pain you may be experiencing.
Once the infected pulp is removed, your dentist will then fill your tooth with a rubber-like material to keep the tooth strong enough to bite and chew with ease. They will then seal off the opening at the top of your tooth to protect your tooth from any further bacteria from entering your tooth and from any further infection.
Treat Your Tooth Pain Today!
Don’t let an infected tooth be left untreated! Contact Dr. Edwin Richardson, Dr. Jonathan Robinson, and Dr. Lindsey Richardson Alvarez at Dental Traditions in Fayetteville, GA, today to learn about root canal therapy and how it can help you! Call (770) 487-9797 today.
Learn more about this clear system and how it corrects crooked smiles.
Considering whether or not to straighten your smile? We know that this is a big decision, particularly for our teen and adult patients; however, thanks to options like ClearCorrect, our Fayetteville, GA, dentists Dr. Edwin Richardson, Dr. Jonathan Robinson and Dr. Lindsey Alvarez offer discreet and completely clear ways to correct crooked and misaligned smiles.
How does ClearCorrect work?
ClearCorrect is an FDA-approved orthodontic treatment that provides our patients here in Fayetteville, GA, with flexible, transparent and BPA-free aligners that fit over teeth like mouthguards or whitening trays. Thanks to SmartTrack™ technology, ClearCorrect also provides a comfortable yet ideal fit when worn.
Just like with other clear aligner systems, ClearCorrect provides a set of clear aligners that a patient will need to wear throughout the day for up to two weeks at a time. Each aligner will shift teeth gradually into the ideal position. ClearCorrect offers 6-aligner, 12-aligner and unlimited aligner treatment options, based on our patient’s unique needs.
What makes it different from other clear aligner systems?
While ClearCorrect works similarly to other clear aligner systems one difference is the cost. ClearCorrect tends to be more affordable and budget-friendly than other options out there. ClearCorrect aligners are also crafted from thinner material, which means that they are more lightweight and may feel more comfortable than other options.
How long will ClearCorrect treatment take?
This will depend entirely on the issues you are looking to address with ClearCorrect and the extent of these issues. Some patients only need 6 or 12 aligners, while others may need more. During your consultation, our Fayetteville, GA, family dentist will map out your treatment plan and be able to provide you with a clearer length of treatment.
Most adults achieve results in about one year or less. Of course, wearing your aligners is key to ensuring that you get the results you want quickly. This means wearing your aligners for about 22 hours each day.
Who is a good candidate?
ClearCorrect is a great orthodontic option for any older teen or adult who is looking to correct,
- Malocclusions such as overbites, underbites, crossbites and open bites
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Have questions about ClearCorrect treatment? If so, our Fayetteville, GA, dental team here at Dental Traditions would be happy to sit down with you to discuss this and other orthodontic options. To schedule an appointment, call us at (770) 487-9797.
Discover the amazing advantages of saying “yes” to dental implants.
As many as 120 million Americans are missing one permanent tooth and over 36 million Americans have no natural teeth left, according to the American College of Prosthodontists. The good news is that if this does happen to you, our Fayetteville, GA, dentists Dr. Ed Richardson, Dr. Jonathan Robinson and Dr. Lindsey Alvarez offer a wide range of tooth replacement options that can be tailored to your needs. One popular option is dental implants.
How Dental Implants Work
Before deciding whether implants are right for you, it’s first important to understand how these popular tooth replacements work. Our Fayetteville, GA, dental team wants to provide you with all the information you need about dental implants in order to make a clear, informed decision about your oral health.
A dental implant is a tapered metal post that is placed into the jawbone where the roots of the missing tooth once were. In fact, the implant itself will replace the roots of the tooth. Once the implant is placed into the jawbone, the bone and tissue will fuse together with the titanium implant over the next few months. Once this fusion is complete, your implant is a permanent, immovable fixture within the jawbone. It will also support and hold your false tooth or teeth in place.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Since dental implants work a bit differently from other tooth replacement options, it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that they also offer some cool, unique benefits, too. For one, dental implants are as close as you can come to a real tooth. They function, feel and act just like the real thing. Other benefits of dental implants include,
- A lifelong restoration (with the proper care, implants can easily last decades)
- Preventing teeth from shifting into open gaps in your smile
- Restoring biting, chewing and speech
- Preserving the jawbone and preventing bone loss
- Supporting the muscles of the face to prevent changes in facial structure including sagging
- Enhancing your appearance and boosting your confidence
Do you want to talk with our Fayetteville, GA, dentists about whether dental implants are right for you? The team at Dental Traditions is dedicated to giving you back a smile you can feel confident in. To find out if implants are the ideal treatment option, call us at (770) 487-9797 to schedule an appointment.
Have you been looking for a new dental office? Dental Traditions is an excellent choice if you live in the Fayetteville, GA, area. Dentists Drs. Edwin Richardson, Jonathan Robinson, and Lindsey Richardson Alvarez care for your entire family and offer the latest dental technologies.
Five reasons to choose Dental Traditions
Among the many reasons to select Dental Traditions are these important ones:
- You'll feel at home in the office: It's hard to feel relaxed at the dental office if the staff isn't welcoming or act as if you're a nuisance. The Dental Traditions dentists and staff truly like working with patients and want you to feel comfortable during your visit.
- The dental office is here to stay: There's nothing worse than finding a medical and dental office you like, only for it to close just a few years later. Fortunately, that won't be an issue at Dental Traditions. In fact, Dr. Edwin Richardson and Lindsay Richardson Alvarez are second and third generation dentists and are continuing the legacy of their father and grandfather, Dr. Jim Richardson. Dr. Jonathan Robinson, a proud University of Georgia graduate, is just as committed to providing quality dental care to Fayetteville citizens.
- Dental Traditions offers the latest innovations in dental technology: The practice invests in new technology, and the dentists learn the latest techniques for your benefit. For example, air abrasion removes small areas of decay without a drill, while dental implants allow the dentists to create brand new teeth complete with roots that are securely attached to your jawbone.
- Your dentists can help you improve your appearance with a variety of cosmetic treatments: Do you have a few flaws that you'd like to correct? Bonding, veneers, and crowns can restore damaged teeth and hide a variety of imperfections, including chips, cracks, discolorations, gaps between teeth, and oddly shaped teeth. Teeth whitening offers a fairly inexpensive way to dramatically improve your smile.
- The office provides the dental services and treatments you and your family need: The dentists offer checkups, cleanings, fillings, gum disease treatment, crowns, bridges, dentures, root canal therapy, temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) treatment, clear braces, and other services and therapies.
Are you ready to make an appointment at Dental Traditions? Call your dentists in Fayetteville, GA, Drs. Edwin Richardson, Jonathan Robinson, and Lindsey Richardson Alvarez, at (770) 487-9797 to schedule your appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.